Chilla is India’s pancake. It’s a very healthy option mostly preferred in breakfast, but can also be an amazing snack. Stuffing the chilla with paneer makes it more filling, and adds the nutritional value of protein and calcium. Read ahead for a very quick and satisfying recipe of paneer besan chilla:
1 cup Besan
1/2 tsp Salt
1 tsp Black Pepper
1 Onion, chopped
1/2 cup Paneer, grated
2 Green Chillies
1/2 tsp Ajwain
1/2 Cup Coriander Leaves
1 Cup Water
- Take a bowl. Add besan, salt, black pepper, paneer, onion, tomato, green chillies, ajwain, and coriander leaves in it.
- Add water and whisk all the ingredients in the bowl together to make a batter.
- The light consistency of the batter is preferable but you can add more or less water based on your preference.
- Take a non-stick pan and coat it (¼ tsp) with cooking oil and heat it.
- Take a ladle full of batter.
- Pour it evenly in the pan to make a thin circle. The size of the chilla can be as big or small as you prefer.
- Fry it till the batter becomes solid and golden brown.
- Flip it, and sprinkle 2 tsp of grated paneer and some coriander leaves over the chilla.
- Cook it till the chilla is golden brown and crispy.
- Fold it in half and serve it hot with red and green chutney or some sauce of your preference.